Saturday, April 30, 2011

First day in Sydney

Assalamu Alaikum

It's the end of day one and I am exhausted. I just want to go to collapse in bed and sleep.

We decided to go shopping in Auburn today. The whole family went as well as my little cousin. We bumped into couple of friends along the way and it turns out my old Bosnian Dance teacher was around the corner holding a children's class. So we went along and surprised her. It was so good to catch up with her and some of the parents. We talked about memories and families. I really miss these people. There's not many people on the Gold Coast with a heart. Over there everyone wants something from you. It feels really good to be with people who were raised properly and with respect. And people who are simply genuine.

But anyway, we also had some yummy kebabs. Nothing beats Auburn kebabs. And ice cream and dessert. I'm also hoping to get sone halal McDonald's. Oh how I missed Maccas, as yucky as it is.

And not to mention the shopping.. We bought some tops, a couple of abayas and a skirt. Yes, I'm going to try wearing skirts. This one was really nice and I think I can wear it with quite a few tops. And the abayas are really nice and modern too. Inshallah I will wear them more often. I still need to go to the Hijab House store in Merrylands and see what I can find there. Inshallah I can do that in the morning tomorrow.

We also saw these beautiful serving sets and plates and trays etc etc. U have no idea how beautiful these were. If only I had more money I'd buy so much. It was so hard to walk away. Inshallah one day I will be able to buy them. I am hoping to at least buy a tea set while I'm here. It's not too expensive from what I remember. But the rest of the goodies will have to wait.


Alhamdulillah I'm really happy with today. And quite sad to see all that money go. But at least it was all worthwhile.

Inshallah tomorrow we will be back at Auburn, but this time at the Botanical Gardens. And I'd also like to go to Hijab House first thing in the morning.

Ok I'm off to bed now Inshallah

I'll talk to u soon