Friday, April 15, 2011

The day before my first exam


Assalaamu Alaykum,

It's the day before my first exam of the year, and I am sick. There's not a bone in my body that doesn't hurt, I have trouble breathing, my whole face is numb and swollen, and my head feels like it's ready to explode. But that's not the only bug I caught today. I also caught the cleaning bug.

I was not happy though
As soon as my fever subsided this morning it took over me. I started vacuuming my room, and then I decided to dust it, rearrange my closet, rearrange my desk, and then rearrange my entire room. I was so weak and in pain but I just wanted to get it done. It happens when I am stressed, though usually I tackle the bathroom and kitchen. But this time my whole body was in pain and I could hardly stand for 5 minutes at a time. And I am not really stressed about this exam. But Alhamdulillah my room is nice and clean and dust free and best of all - it's fresh. I guess I am stronger than I give myself credit.

Lucky I had this subject under control throughout the semester so the revision took shorter than I thought. Inshallah I will do well in the exam. Ya Allah please make this exam easy for me and make me stronger and more focused. Ya Allah please ease my symptoms and make me healthy. Amin.

But I am still worried about my friend H. She is now a week overdue with her first baby, and she could be in labor even as we speak Inshallah. Ya Allah please bring on the birth of the baby, make it easy for my friend and give her a successful birth and a healthy baby who will be a blessing for the couple. Ya Allah please protect both mother and baby and give them health. Amin