Sunday, April 3, 2011

Weekend so far

Assalamu Alaykum 

The weekend so far has been going great Alhamdulillah. It started off on Friday night with an Arabic class followed by a tafseer lesson at uni. The Sheikh spoke about Surah Al Qari'ah. I love these Islamic classes on Friday nights. It's a great way to end a stressful week and make you reflect on what's really important. My fiancé picked me up cos it ended at 10pm, and dropped me off back home on the Gold Coast. 

Today I got quite a bit of study done and did some job applications in the morning/early afternoon while my fiancé was working with my dad. My favourite Egyptian family friends came to visit us in the afternoon, which is always a welcome treat. They helped me a lot with my family when I decided to put on the hijab, so they will always have a place in my heart. I even managed to squeeze in a shopping trip in there somewhere.. I didn't buy much but it was a good study break. After Maghrib we went to the park for a barbeque with my family. It was a great night, really relaxing. I had a chance to take some family snaps, which I haven't done in a while.. Here's a collage of my favourite photos

Fun at the Park

Inshallah the rest of the weekend will be as nice as the last couple of days...

Salam