Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Last day in Sydney

Assalamu Alaikum

As the title of this post suggests, today is my last day in Sydney. I know it was a very short trip but what can you do. I have a life in Briabane now and I miss my hubby soooooo much. I cant wait to see him again.

I am gonna miss this place though. Only Allah knows when I'm going to be back. I didn't get up to much, mainly because I didn't want to be seen. You know how it is - one person sees you and then they tell a friend who tells a friend who tells a family member. And the next thing you know everyone's angry at you because you didn't come see them.

But I did see my best friend Ghada. We met up in Parramatta and had lunch and walked around a bit before we decided to go Bankstown and do some hijab shopping. Needless to say I spent a bit more than I should've. But what's a girl to do surrounded by all these hijab shops knowing that once I go back to Queensland there's not going to be many hijab-friendly shops around. That night I also went to see a friend in Auburn. We had dinner and then went to her place and I spent some time with her family. And then there's yesterday, I just went shopping in Merrylands with my cousin. So I managed to squeeze in pretty much everything I needed to do. All that's left is to have some halal McDonald's in Auburn. Inshallah I'll go there on my way to the airport. It's been years literally since I has McDonalds. Which is for the best I guess lol.

But anyway I'd better get back to my Aunty. I came here to pray and then got carried away.

Salam