Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Family visit and nice stroll along the beach


Family time


Assalamu Alaikum

I know, I know... I haven't been posting for a while. I don't mean to be absent for so long.. But without the net at home it's been kinda hard to find the time and motivation to put up a decent post. All I have is my iPhone and the occasional visit to uni. But I'll do my best Inshallah.

Yesterday the hubby and I paid a visit to my parents on the Gold Coast. Things haven't been well for them the last few days. I hate seeing them so stressed, especially when it's due to another family member's selfishness. They deserve so much better from someone they helped so much all their life. But it was a good day Alhamdulillah. I tried my best to make them smile and keep them distracted.

My amazing grandma

Me and mum went to the shops and found some bargain cookies and biscuits. And my grandma just LOVES them [did i mention that she came back from Sydney??] So we ended up buying like six boxes to surprise her. And it was all worth it. Just seeing that big smile across her face made my day.

My mum also made some pita for us all. I love my mum's pita. We all sat around eating and talking, with one family member missing due to incident hinted at above. And unfortunately that put a negative haze to the night.






After we all ate and finished complaining about how full we were, we went for a nice stroll along the beach towards Surfers Paradise. Not all of us, just me, Mhd, mum and dad. But it was great, so nice and relaxing. Nothing to do except enjoy a nice conversation, take in the view and breathe in the fresh air. It was the perfect way to end the day.




 








Until we were faced with the one-hour drive back to Brisbane