Monday, May 23, 2011

Weekend wrap-up

Assalamu Alaikum

Now that the weekend is over and I've had a little time to rest I thought I'd fill u in on what's been happening.

On Saturday my family hosted a lamb get together at my house. Basically we invited a bunch of families to our house, and the men cooked lamb on the spit outside. I don't know what it is about Bosnians and their lamb on the spit. I can't even look at it, it reminds me of a little baby lamb playing around in the fields who suddenly gets butchered, has a pole shoved through it and thrown into the fire. I like my meat in pieces, the less it resembles the animal the better. Otherwise I can't eat it. But it was a pretty good day. No dramas, everyone got along well. And the meat was really good, until I stumbled upon a vein. That just put me off completely and I couldn't eat for the rest of the day. But other than that, it was good catching up with everyone and taking a break from studying.

My ring in the box :))
On Sunday my fiance decided to surprise me with a ring :)))) it was that ring I spoke about here. Not both of them, just the engagement ring. Not that I wanted an engagement ring, but he wanted to buy it and who am I to refuse?? But it is beautiful. I don't wear it on the left ring finger, my mum and I always used to get into little squibbles about where the wedding ring goes - traditionally in my culture it goes on the middle finger of the right hand. And the Prophet sa always used to prefer the right, so this time I am choosing to agree with my mum and put it on my right hand. I was soooo happy when I got it, I just couldn't stop smiling for the whole day. On Friday night I was so disappointed that he wasn't coming. But he more than made up for it with the ring.

We also went to the movies with my sister to watch the latest Pirates of the Caribbean movie. I'm not a big fan of the series, but Mhd and my sister were so into them. So I, still high from the ring surprise, agreed to come along. I guess it wasn't too bad, I didn't fall asleep like I did when I watched the other ones on TV. But actually I have to admit it was kinda interesting. Maybe because this time it didn't have too many weird creatures and extremely crazy twists.

And whenever I had some spare time I squeezed in some study :) like the good student I am (lol)

Now its back to that study... I still have a lot I have to catch up on. I am planning to Inshallah catch up on all my tax lectures before my regular tax law lecture on Wednesday.

Salam