Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Since Sydney

Assalamu Alaykum

Just thought I'd give a little update on what's been going on lately. I've been so busy with my assignment (either working on it or procrastinating...) that I've hardly had a chance to do anything else.

My grandma has made it to Bosnia safe and sound Mashallah. She's staying in the family home where my mother grew up. It must be great going back in time and seeing her family. Inshallah it will be a good trip for her.

 I'm working on a presentation for uni.. which I have to present tomorrow. I am so terrified... It's my first presentation I have to do as a hijabi. I hardly got used to the way people look at me when I walk into a classroom, and now I have to talk in front of them also. I've never liked public speaking. It really scares me to bits. Especially now. I wish I could just fake an illness and avoid this thing. But I know I just have to face it and Inshallah it will be ok. May Allah take away my fear and give me the confidence I need to do well in this presentation. Amin.

Well... enough wasting time.. it's time for Zuhr and then back to assignmenting Inshallah

Salam