Monday, May 2, 2011

Day 3

Assalamu Alaykum

Today wasn't as full on as the last couple of days. We just went shopping and went back home. My parents and sisters went to see another cousin of ours but I decided to just stay back and spend sone time with grandma.

It started off not so good. I woke up to hear my mum fighting with her sister. I don't know what's happening over here but it doesn't look good. And the way my aunty yelled at my grandma just made me sick. I couldn't believe it. I don't want to bitch about my aunty but there is absolutely no respect in this house. Only stubbornness and defiance. But anyway.. The point was, my day began with tears and shock. Especially when I saw the way my grandma was treated. I hate to see her stay in this house one more day. But there's not much I can do. At least she will get to go to Bosnia in a couple of days. She does not deserve to be treated like this. She needs to be taken care of and treated with kindness, not disrespected and yelled at. May Allah bless my grandma with all the goodness there is and may He give her peace and strength in everything she does. Amin.

After a while we dropped my youngest sister off at the library to work on an assignment and went back to Auburn to buy some things. We had a kebab and continued with the shopping. I only bought a skirt and some things for Mohamed. And a pair of shoes. And I bought the Sahih Al-Bukhari collection as a surprise for Mohamed. I think he will really like it. At least I hope he will. But my sister got all these lovely things for the home - coffee sets, tea sets, drinking glass sets a serving tray and a couple of other things. I thought it would be better not to get them for myself this time since I already have some, and no matter how beautiful they are and how much I live them, I don't need them. Not now anyway. I'm not even married yet.

And then we just caught the train back home, and my family left to see my cousins. And the rest is history.

I should go talk to my fiance.. So I guess I'm gonna go. I'll write soon Inshallah.

Salam