Friday, May 6, 2011

Goodbye Sydney

Assalamu Alaykum

I wrote this post on Tuesday night... I guess i forgot to press publish... I'm not going to change it.. Here it goes...

Me mum and grandma
Today is the day we go back to the Gold Coast. I was soooo sad to say good bye to grandma. May Allah keep her safe and in good health.

I spent a lit if last night taking to her one on one while my family was at my cousins. We spent hours talking like the good old days. I really miss that. That was the best thing about having her here.. The long talks and a lifetime of stories and advice. It really brings me joy talking to her. She's like a real life history book, with a great sense of humour. My grandma is one of the most amazing women on this planet. And she has a heart of gold. May Allah bless her with all the goodness of this life and the next.

I already miss her. And I miss Sydney and everyone who is there. May Allah bring me back to Sydney one day soon. To everyone who lives there and is constantly complaining about the traffic or the stress - you don't know how lucky u r to be living there. It's so true when they say you don't know what u have until it's gone. You have so many opportunities for a good life there. There are good people there and good communities, and so much to do and get involved in. Not to mention the Mosques and Islamic organizations. I wish I could take advantage of all that. I'm not saying it's the perfect place to be, we all know it's far from it. But there is so much goodness there besides all that. Imagine what it's like for me - everything bad about Sydney I have it here too, but with only maybe 20% of the goodness. Sure it might be more pleasing to the eye and a little less crowded buy that's about it.

Anyway I am so exhausted after the long long trip. There was so much rain and other delays and it felt like we were traveling for days. We ended up coming back at 11pm. So I'm gonna catch a few zzzzz's if I can. I have a long day ahead of me at uni.

Salam