Thursday, July 21, 2011

I joined the gym!!!!!!

Assalamu Alaikum

As you might know from my previous posts, I've been having some issues with my body these last couple of years. I've tried dieting a few months ago, but that somehow faded away as my exercise levels came to a halt. I'm simply too scared to exercise outside by myself since a couple of hijab-related incidents I've had. And even though I usually eat healthy, I haven't been burning any calories apart from the fortnightly walk or two that I manage to squeeze out of my fiance or sister. But I'm really in need of some good exercise. And Inshallah this gym membership will go the trick.

I've joined an all-girls gym with my sister. We've both signed up with the food coach and personal trainer (although I couldn't afford the twice-a-week training sessions like she can). So I'll just have to do with what I've got and take some helpful tips and advice from my sister Inshallah.

The girls that work there all seem really nice and friendly. And  it sounds like they are really motivating and will push you to attend on those lazy days when you really dont want to. You make a weekly program each time you see them and if you don't show up, they will call you and make you get your act together. And I really need that.

And they also have some really cool facilities like a nice change room and showers, with pink hair dryers and straighteners, kitchens, lounges, beauty salon, etc etc..

It all looks pretty good. But then again, all things exercise and health related do look pretty good at the start. It's keeping up with the motivation that's really hard. But Inshallah the girls and my sister will keep me motivated.

Salam