Wednesday, July 6, 2011

HELP!! Bridal hair


Assalamu Alaikum...

It just struck me... I've been putting so much effort into finding the perfect dress, the perfect make-up, the perfect hijab design for the wedding. But it never occurred to me what to do with my hair!! 

And I have no idea... Should I straighten it? Curl it? Style it somehow??? I was thinking maybe I can do a nice up-do and put on the hijab over that - it would give a nice shape after all, but I am worried it will fall apart by the time I can reveal it.. Or maybe straighten it so that it looks nice and shiny,  but then it will only get ruined once I put it up and put on the undercap and hijab etc... And I want it to be really nice when my husband first sees it

I really need your help on this one.. None of my friends got married while observing hijab so I cant ask them...

So ladies - what do you suggest would be a good thing for a hijabi to do with her hair on the wedding night? Does anyone have any stories to share? What did you do with your hair on your wedding night?

PS I have fairly long hair (up to the waist)... 

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Salam