Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Job Applications

It's that dreaded time in the life of a student's carreer... time to put in applications for Graduate Positions. So that's what's keeping me busy in the little time I have left over in between attending classes, doing my readings, studying, sleeping and cleaning.

It is such a draining process.. Each application takes at least a couple of hours. They want to know everything, not just the typical education/employment history/extra-curricular activities... but also every detail of every subject taken (including ones you withdrew from before the end of the semester). That's the draining bit.. having to fill out seemingly never-ending forms and boxes..

But Inshallah it will be worth it in the end. I pray that I receive a good job at the end of this. 
But at least I am able to find some comfort and some welcome peace in reading the Qur'an Alhamdulillah.

I still have quite a few graduate positions to apply for. Inshallah I will cover what I wanted before applications close. For now I am focusing on Government departments, in Commonwealth, Queensland and New South Whales because they seem to close the first. Then Inshallah I will apply for the law firms. And if nothing works out, I can continue on with the Practical Legal Training Course next year or do some study at TAFE until its time to apply all over again. I would also like to do some work experience or volunteer work Inshallah (I know I should have done this earlier... what was I thinking??)

So ye.. that's why I've been slow to write - basically cos life at the moment is not that fun.. It's just so repetative. Uni, reading, eating, applying for jobs, sleeping... fun fun fun :/

Alhamdulillah :)

Well, it's almost time for me to go home and I still have a couple of things to do before the library closes (I'm still at uni at 8:30pm).
 
So Assalaamu Alaikum and Good Night