Monday, March 14, 2011

Busy Bee

I would like to start this post by saying my heart goes out to all the victims of the earthquake and tsunami in japan and New Zealand. Oh Allah help them with your mercy and give them strength and guidance.

The last couple of weeks have been quite busy. I'm back at uni and doing a full load of study again. So its been quite hectic. I am hoping to get into a good study routine early Inshallah. So there's been lots of classes and reading going on.

Last week was the first week I went to classes, since I was sick the week before. It went pretty well Alhamdulillah. I had Lectures on Wednesday and Thursday, and tutorials don't start till next week. It did feel a little humbling driving into brisbane. Its the first time I went there since the floods. And its kinda sad. Most if it looks like its back to normal. But there are a few reminders here and there of just how much the flood affected the area. Some shops are still closed down, and there are construction zones all over the place with exposed pipes and cracked concrete...

On Friday I didn't have any classes but I did go to a Legal Careers Expo at Southbank. It was pretty good, we listened to some talks by legal professionals from different fields. It was good to see what its actually like working at different law firms and other legal jobs, as well as the steps to be taken to get there. It makes me feel like I can actually do this. I can go out there and get the jobs I have always dreamed of. I just have to break it down into little steps and do them one by one.

After that I went into uni cos I wanted to use the prayer room. Istayed until Maghrib and met a few people in there. And guess what?? I found one!!! (well two - they were twins) A fellow hijabi doing law :) !!! I was so happy I wasn't the only one. She's in second year though.. but that's ok. She told me there's some classes on friday nights and invited me along.. So along I went.. They first had an Arabic class (yaaaay) and then a tasfeer class. I had a really good time and met lots of people. Its a shame that it's taken me until the last year of my studies to gather the strength to get involved. And I thank Allah for giving me the opportunity to go there, meet some sisters and gain some knowledge. Inshallah I will be able to attend regularly and finish the course and one day be able to understand the Qur'an. Its been something I have dreamed of for so long. I am 9 lessons behind, but the sisters gave me a website with the textbook and some recording of the lessons, so Insha Allah I will be able to catch up.

Ever since I have put on the hijab I've been quite lonely. It's been quite hard. I'm not one of those people who make friends easily, I always think I'm not good enough. And I can't do many of the things that I used to, and there are many things I don't want to do anymore. And unfortunately that means loss of contact with many of the friends I was close to. But Inshallah Allah will give me the confidence I need and bring good Muslim sisters into my life.

On the weekend Mohamed came over, and we just hang out with family mostly, but he did take me out for dinner and ice cream last night. And we did a lot of talking. Sometimes I forget what a great guy he is. He's so kind and smart and understanding, and he's so easy to talk to about everything. And he loves me :). I am so thankful to Allah for bringing him into my life. He's working so hard for us to get married. He's working two jobs and sometimes three. I'm not sure if I deserve it. But I love him more than he will ever know.

I pray to Allah to keep him in my life and to make it easy for us to get married soon. And I pray that he gives us a blessed marriage and salih children, to keep us close and living in harmony and with strong iman. And I ask Allah to bless our families and shower his mercy upon them. Amin