Saturday, February 19, 2011

What's keeping me busy...

Ok so I haven't blogged anything for a while.. but I had a reason this time.


Since my final year of uni starts just around the corner, I had to get going on a few things I planned to do before that, but just kept putting off cos the holidays seemed never-ending. But its dawned on me that unless I do it now, it will be put aside untill the semester is over.


My main goal was to complete the Diploma of Foundations of Islamic Studies from the Islamic Online University (see here) which I discovered on facebook of all places while procrastinating studying for my final exam last year. I've been doing bits and pieces for the last couple of months, but its only been the last week or so that I put my head down and studied hard. And I have to say I'm pretty proud of my effort and I hope Inshallah to continue studying with such regularity and motivation when the real-life university semester starts. So ye.. I'm almost finished now, did all the modules and tests in about 2 weeks and now I just have to do the assignments. I am really pleased with the program and would recommend it to anyone interested in improving their knowledge of the deen in their own time and at their own pace. And did I mention its free?? They have quite a few courses on there and Inshallah I will get back to it when I get a chance. They are pretty interesting. And they also offer a BA in Islamic Studies (completely free) for all those who are interested in higher-level study. I for one would be happy to just finish my law degree for now before I even think about commencing another one.


I've also started the Arabic Reading and Writing Diploma, mainly for the writing bit since I already taught myself to read, but I do want to make sure I m reading properly too. But I plan to work on this one on a slower pace and not pressure myself once uni starts.


But anyway.. I'm gonna try and get some shut-eye. I haven't slept more than 2 hours for the last 3-4 nights. As soon as I hit the bed I get wide awake.


Tootles