Monday, February 7, 2011

Another weekend gone by

Another weekend has gone by... feels like they're just slipping away...

On Saturday we went out for a barbeque by the water with the whole family, aunts, uncles and cousins included.. which was a bit of a bummer since I am on that diet and couldn't have all that yummy food. But it was good.. I played around with my little niece and went for a long long walk. It was good to catch up with my cousin since I haven't really spent any time with him in a long time. We used to be really close when we were younger but I guess  we just grew apart.

And Mr M came over on Sunday.. But it was such a moody day for me.. everything just got to me and all those emotions building up inside just burst. But Alhamdulillah things are fine. I am so grateful that Allah has sent me such a wonderful man who is there for me always.

I went for another walk by the beach today with my sister. It was really nice and relaxing. Except by the end of it I did feel quite worn out. I've been wearing those Reebok Easy-Tone sneakers every day for about a week and the muscles at the back of my legs are getting tired. I think I should give them a break and just wear normal shoes for tomorrow. By the way those shoes are awesome. I was a little skeptical when I first heard about them and even when I bought them, but they are really great and you can feel them working within 2-3 minutes of walking. And they look great also :). I wear them all the time - for workouts, to the shops and just generally whenever I am out (if my outfit permits). I would definitely recommend them to anyone.

But unfortunately that incident I talked about in the last blog post really got to me. I flinch at every sound I hear and I am really scared to be in a place where there isn't many people, let alone going out by myself. I pray to Allah to keep me safe. Amin.

Anyway... I'm off to have a shower and to read the Qur'an for a bit before I go to sleep Inshallah.

Take care
Salam