Friday, December 17, 2010

Another day at home...

These days seem more common lately.. U know, on holidays, car's gone, parents are gone, sisters are gone... The perfect day to sit at home, relax and read a book.. EXCEPT that it's not so much relaxing anymore, more like boring to the point that you want to climb onto the roof and do a dance (no I would not do that even if u paid me big time)...


So I decided to try something different... Looking through some old photos brought forth a hit of nostalgia.. I remembered a time when my mum used to make us yummy Bosnian sweets when we behaved. She would make them in all shapes and sizes, write our names, with walnuts, without walnuts... U get the picture. Hurmice were my favorite. All of a sudden I got inspired to make them.


Now I've never made hurmice before.. But I wasn't gonna let a small detail like that get in the way. Hurray for google. Found a recipe quickly and I was surprised how non-complicated it was. It took some time to make them but the result came out pretty well surprisingly...






Now all that's left to do is to wait for the syrup to soak in and eat these babies :-)